- The Fraxel Re:pair Laser uses a CO2 beam to instantly remove tens of thousands of microscopic columns of old skin. Each column measures about one tenth of a hair and is surrounded by intact skin, facilitating rapid healing, with 48 hours.
- The removal of so many micro bits of full thickness skin creates an immediate tightening of the entire skin surface and triggers a tremendous collagen regeneration, visible 3 to 6 months later as smooth, glowing skin and most desirably, tighter skin
- The Fraxel series lasers are the only lasers with an onboard Intelligent Optical Tracking System (IOTS) ensuring that an even pattern of energy is laid down, earning their reputation as the safest of all fractional laser devices.
- The Fraxel Re:pair Laser is manufactured by Reliant Technologies, Inc., now owned by Thermage
- Moderate to severe wrinkling
- Red and brown pigmentation from photo damage
- Acne scarring
- Texture irregularities
- Laxity. The neck results are particularly impressive
- Patients arrive at the office an hour before the procedure and are given a thick layer of anesthetic cream over all areas to be treated. Local nerve blocks in strategic areas and oral medication make the treatment extra comfortable.
- The actual laser treatment takes about one half hour
- This is followed by application of cool, wet compresses for 10 minutes.
- Patients leave with a layer of healing ointment
- Post treatment care includes regular wet dressings for the first 2 days, followed by a soothing cream or ointment for the next 2 to 5 days depending on the intensity of the settings used.
- There is significant swelling for the first 2 days which gradually subsides over the following days
- Around day 6 or 7, the skin may still appear red, but makeup can be worn. The redness or pinkness then gradually fades over the next few weeks.
- There is zero pain after the procedure.