GentleWaves LED Photomodulation
- Ever since scientists at NASA discovered that skin cells regenerated 150 to 200 percent faster when exposed to certain light emitting diode (LED) wavelengths, LED research has exploded and found applications in every field of medicine.
- LED Photomodulation is remarkable in that it can regulate cellular behavior without producing heat or injury. The GentleWaves LEDs upregulate the enzymes responsible for new collagen production while down regulating the ones causing collagen degradation.
- Not all LEDs are the same. It took scientists in dermatology 3 years to find the correct sequence of wavelengths that provide the benefits we enjoy today.
- Studies submitted to the FDA were able to demonstrate a 60% global improvement in overall skin quality, including fine lines, especially the ones around the eyes, redness and freckles.
- Maintenance of healthy skin, face, chest and hands
- Fine wrinkles
- Red and brown discolorations
- ALA/PDT for acne
- Radiation dermatitis, refractory to treatment
- Rashes unresponsive to usual medications
- The skin is first thoroughly cleansed and eyes are protected.
- Face and neck are then exposed to a U-shaped wall of LEDs
- The treatment itself is very comfortable and lasts less then a minute,
- LED Photomodulation is 100% pain and risk free. It is safe for all skin types.
- Because of its benefits, we follow all laser treatments in our office with a complimentary GentleWaves treatment
- As a stand alone treatment, it is performed once a week for 8 weeks, and once a month thereafter.
- It is the least expensive of all light treatments.
- Results are progressive. Interestingly, young sun damaged skin responds the fastest
- GentleWaves treatments should be part of any preventative skin regimen, especially in the young.