Ultrapulse 5000 CO2
- CO2 laser light is preferentially absorbed by water. This laser beam’s effect on the skin is therefore by desiccation and coagulation.
- A computerized scanner ensures that the laser beam evenly vaporizes away the superficial skin layers. The higher the energy, the deeper the effect will be.
- The impact of this laser light on the deeper tissues causes such a tremendous stimulation that new collagen layers multiply, thicken and tighten. This reaction is responsible for the mini-facelift effect so many patients experience after their procedure.
- No other lasers, including all the fractional CO2 lasers on the market today, can reproduce the impressive skin tightening seen with this device. The UltraPulse 5000 CO2 laser remains the gold standard in facial rejuvenation.
- The use of this laser requires great skill and experience.
- Severe sun damage
- Medium to deep wrinkles
- Darker skin types and patients with chronically bronzed skin are not good candidates because of they are at higher risk for pigmentary changes.
- Patients are protected with an anti cold sore medication and pretreated with Botox in order to relax the wrinkle areas and permit undisturbed new collagen deposition.
- The entire face is anesthetized using diluted local anesthesia and local nerve blocks.
- The computerized UltraPulse 5000 CO2 laser beam is then used to evenly treat the entire skin surface, one cosmetic unit at the time. The lasered skin is gently wiped away using sterile, saline-drenched gauze. One to three passes are performed depending on the severity of the sun damage and the depth of the wrinkles.
- For the first 2 days, patients are wrapped in a highly specialized biological dressing which eliminates 100% of the pain and speeds up healing. During the following days, patients use regular saline soaks and Vaseline until the skin is healed. This may take 10 or 13 days, depending on the depth of the treatment.
- Patients are then ready to wear makeup even though underneath the skin won’t loose its sunburn look for a few months.
- Results are often maintained for well over a decade.