Lips are the most animated part of our face and therefore command major attention: yours and everyone else’s!
Characteristics of young, beautiful, natural lips include:
- Volume that complements facial shape
- Upper to lower lip proportion may be: 1 to 1, 1 to 1.2, 1 to 1,6, 1 to 2 depending on what best fits the person’s facial shape or ethnicity.
- In all races, gorgeous lips display most of their volume within the space between 2 lines drawn straight down from the inner eye corners. Extending filler beyond that boundary will create a fish mouth look.
Aging thinning lips:
- When lips just start to thin, just a little filler is all that’s needed to keep them kissable.
- More significant lip thinning is often associated with upper lip wrinkling. In this case, the lip wrinkles should be addressed at the same time.
- When rejuvenating an aging face, it is imperative to restore at least a tiny bit of lip volume to ensure an overall refreshed look
- Over-injection of the lip pulp, often described as “the #2 sausage in a #1 casing look.
- Over-projection of the upper lip leading to the dreaded duck lip.
- Treating aging lips without addressing aging around the mouth, such as lip wrinkles, down turned mouth corners and marionette lines.
- Permanent fillers = absolute no-no in the lips.