ISOLAZ PROFUSION FOR THE TREATMENT OF ACNE
Isolaz is a SAFE, FDA-cleared, non-invasive, painless, gentle way of treating acne with light.
- Comedonal and pustular acne
- Deep pore purification
The Isolaz Profusion System is the only FDA approved device to treat comedonal and pustular acne.
- It is an innovative therapy based on the photopneumatic concept which uses vacuum to clear pores of clogging material and skin debris while simultaneously delivering laser light that kills acne-causing bacteria.
- Isolaz is manufactured by the Aesthera Corporation, Pleasanton, CA.
- Appropriate eye protection is provided
- Sessions take 15 minutes and are repeated every 2 weeks for 3 to 5 treatments.
- Two passes are made over the entire face or other acne affected areas. A vacuum gently lifts the acne impurities closer to the skin’s surface and extract the whiteheads and blackheads. In a fraction of a second, a painless laser helps destroy acne causing bacteria, shrink pore size and decrease oil production.
- Pustules are then individually treated with extra passes in order to empty their content and get better exposure to the laser light
- Patients often obtain dramatic improvement early on.
- The more resistant patients are treated with additional photodynamic therapy.