PRP • PRF
YOUR VERY OWN NATURAL FILLER.
PRP refers to platelet rich plasma. PRP is obtained by drawing a small amount of your blood,
spinning it to isolate its platelets. It has become a very popular treatment.
Delivering PRP under the skin has been shown to:
- Improve skin texture around the eyes
- Smoothen lip lines
- Help with mild acne scarring
- Speed up healing
- Stimulate scalp hair growth
PRP is packed with a high concentration of platelets, each of which releases more than 300 growth factors.
Once in your skin, they rev up your stem cells and fibroblasts to stimulate collagen and elastic tissue production.
Delivering PRP under the skin via microneedling has definitely been shown to be effective, both for facial rejuvenation
and hair stimulation. Except for hair stimulation, whether injecting PRP deeper into facial skin is as predictable
is not clear, despite increasing popularity. No consensus has yet been achieved as of early 2019.
PRF – Some scientists feel that spinning the blood more slowly allows more white cells to be mixed with the platelets,
enhancing the results. This is controversial as many other scientists feel that white cells are extremely pro-inflammatory
and should therefore be avoided. No consensus has been achieved. We are sticking with PRP for the moment.
PRP for the FACE
• The PRP can be injected or microneedled all over the face.
• Microcannulas can be used to deliver PRP under the lower eyelids and upper lip.
• Occasionally, the leftover plasma can be microneedled into the skin once the injection is completed.
PRP for the SCALP
• Hair loss is generally most obvious over the crown or as a receding hair line.
• Facelift also can result in significant loss in the temporal hairline during the following year.
• The best time to act is during the initial thinning phase.
• The skin is cleansed. The area to be treated is marked. To make the treatment as comfortable as possible,
a Zimmer cooling device pre-cools each area prior to injection. The PRP is placed right at the level of the hair follicle.
Treatments are done once a month for 4 times, boosters every 3 to 6 months depending on the amount of hair loss
and response to treatment. Topicals and LED masks offer an additional boost.