An FDA-cleared radiofrequency treatment to tighten loose skin.
- Eyelid laxity
- Body laxity
- Full face laxity
- Thermacool is a device that uses radiofrequency waves to safely tighten the skin without surgery.
- Thermacool works by bulk heating the deepest layers of the skin, leaving the surface intact. This causes the collagen layers to contract over the ensuing 4 to 6 months resulting in a tightening and subtle lifting effect.
- Thermacool is manufactured by Thermage, Inc. in Hayward, California
- Depending on the area, your treatment may take up to an hour
- There is no special pre-treatment prep. Non-narcotic pain medication can be taken ahead of time to feel comfortable. If so desired, patients can take advantage of our FDA-cleared Pronox, which delivers a light laughing gas
- Each impact feels like a pinpoint of steadily rising heat, immediately followed by a cooling sensation.
- There is zero pain and zero down time following the procedure so that patients may return to normal activities immediately.
- Most patients need only one treatment. Patients with more laxity at the start may prefer to have multiple or extra partial treatments.
- Results vary, but have been visible in at least 90% of patients. They usually last 2 to 3 years. Side effects are extremely rare.