PDO Thread LIFT
THE ULTIMATE BIOSTIMULATION.
A PDO thread lift represents a major advance in safe, non-surgical tissue lifting. This is not to be confused with the previous 3 generations of “lunchtime thread lifts” which we purposely and thankfully never embraced as they were fraught with all sorts of problems. A PDO thread lift, on the other hand, is a very safe, no-incision, clean and predictable procedure,if performed by physicians with the proper expertise and an esthetic eye. It allows us to give patients improvements well beyond what was possible before.
As with everything in our office, we made sure we had those threads placed in our own faces before ever using them on patients. The result:
WE LOVE THEM!!! THERE IS NO GOING BACK!!!
Face & Neck
- Sagging skin
- Early jowls
- Flattening cheeks
- Drooping eyebrows
- Crepey cheek skin
- Neck laxity
- Upper lip lines
- Inner and outer thighs
The possibilities are endless really!
- People on blood thinners, habitual smokers and heavy drinkers. (Risk of bruising and bleeding).
- Patients with compromised immune systems. (Risk of infection)
- Within 6 months of a surgical facelift
- People with very thin skin. (Risk of bunching)
- People with very heavy skin. (Threads may not be able to pull up skin)
- Heavy jowls (Surgical candidates)
- Unreasonable expectations.
- People who do not want fillers.
- PDO threads are made of FDA-cleared polydioxanone or PDO.
- PDO is a sterile, biodegradable, monofilament synthetic polymer.
- PDO contains no heavy metals and is hypoallergenic.
- PDO sutures have been used in human bodies for decades, notably during pediatric cardiac surgeries.
- In the cosmetic arena, PDO has been found to have a dual function.
- When used as barbed sutures, it is capable of lifting tissue and holding it in place.
- When used as smooth, non-barbed, hair fine threads, it acts as a skin volumizer and skin tightener.
- PDO itself increases the synthesis of hyaluronic acid and new collagen, it also improves local microcirculation, all of which result in increased skin elasticity and firmness.
- Basically, the barbed threads lift and stimulate the skin, while the smooth ones fill in loose skin, tighten it and contract it inward.
- These attributes can majorly improve skin texture and contour, leaving it firmer, more elastic and better hydrated.