- Mild to moderate wrinkling
- Facial skin resurfacing ( magical when done 1 week before a special event)
- Dyschromia (uneven pigmentation)
- Acne scarring
- Scars from surgery, trauma and burns including keloids
- Lentigos (age spots) and solar Lentigos (sun spots)
- Reduction of pore prominence
- Stretch marks have shown remarkable results, especially when treatments are performed while still in the red stage.
- Minocycline-caused blue facial discoloration
- Full body skin resurfacing
- The Fraxel Re:store Laser treats the skin like a digital picture. Each pixel represents a column of thermal heating called microthermal zone (MTZ).
- These MTZs extend deep into the skin and are surrounded by intact tissue, allowing for rapid healing, within 24 hours. These MTZs are then extruded a few days later as microscopic epidermal necrotic debris (MENDS).
- The true fractional nature of this laser allows the safe use of higher energy fluences for a greater depth of penetration leading to greater clinical results.
- Before and after biopsies of treated skin have demonstrated impressive new collagen deposition, called: neocollagenesis.
- The Fraxel series lasers HAVE an onboard Intelligent Optical Tracking System (IOTS) ensuring that an even pattern of energy is laid down, earning their reputation as the safest of all fractional laser devices.
- It is safe to use on all skin types
- Patients arrive at the office an hour before the procedure and are given a thick layer of anesthetic cream over all the areas to be treated.
- During the treatment, the laser tip is gently and evenly rolled over the entire skin, creating a million MTZs during a single session.
- The actual treatment takes 20 to 30 minutes. Discomfort is mild to moderate, feeling like and intense stinging and is alleviated with the Zimmer cooling device.
- Patients can drive home by themselves
- There is no wounding and therefore no special aftercare.
- Depending on the settings used, the post treatment redness and swelling can last from 1 to 3 days.
- Fraxel Re:store treatments are done as a series of 3 to 6, a month apart.